10.24.2009

Aunt Kim DLHOYABABYMOMMA DRAMA remembers her aunt kim.

A very special person died on Oct 16 2008. Her name was Kimberly Darlene Smith. I called her Aunt Kimmie... I miss her. Life is not as it once was... My aunt Kim would find the silver lining in my darkest hours.
She was never too busy to take my call... She had class, grace, and hid her secrets well. She lived in silence as a battered wife. Every time we talked on the phone it would end with the same conversation... "Kim, come out here and live with me and the kids"... "I can’t leave him, Angie. He'd kill me before he'd let me leave".
People say that was her way of saying "no". Well, those people did not witness her husband’s abuse... I can't believe she survived as long as she did.... Funny, when I asked the Coroner her time of death... His answer, "Survivor was on, so must been around that time". Survivor was on the TV? That’s the way the do things back in IN I guess.
Aunt Kim never had children of her own. I believe she's ok with me letting everyone know... She wanted children of her own. She said "I can't have any kids, Luke would hurt them".
She died, and her husband refused the autopsy.
At age 47... Even as an organ donor... She was denied... By order of the Coroner Joe Todd. Connersville IN.

How does my aunt Kim come into my story with Oscar?
There was no part of my life she did not know. My deepest secrets shared with her... Never did she ever tell another living soul. As I with her. Perhaps that’s why I feel so sorry I did not tell someone of her husband’s abuse. I wouldn't tell... But I know he is not telling the whole story...Actually, he can’t tell the same story twice. Every time I heard him speak of that night...He added a little spin on events... The truth never changes.

I will never forget the night I called my aunt Kim...

Kim... "I'm in big trouble" "What happen"? She said....
Kim it’s 7 in the morning! I just spent the night with this boxer guy...
Kim: What? Oh my goodness... You did? Laughing she said... Was he good?
Me: Kim, it’s not funny... Audie is going to kill me... Oh my god! What am I going to do?
Kim: Its gonna be ok! This is what you say.... Listen to me. Were you workin last night?
Me: Yea
Kim: Ok well you tell Audie that one of your friends was fighting with her boyfriend and you stopped off at her house so she could get some things... She said she might be a little while because she was going to talk to her boyfriend... She made you promise to stay parked outside and wait on her... Then you tell Audie you just fell asleep in the car parked outside her house.
She never came back out and that’s not your fault...
Me: Ok you think that will work... Who do I say was the girl?
Kim: Tell him a new girl, you don't really know that much. But she fine and you’re fine... Tell him not to worry about it.
Kim: Now tell me who was the boxer guy?
Me: Huh?
Kim: Who's the guy you were with last night?
Me: Oh um... Oscar something... Um Oscar De La Rinta No, Um Oscar is all I remember Kim Remember my cat I had named Oscar... Ha ha I don’t know but he had a gold medal from Olympics or something... Kim Audie is going to kill me!
Kim: I'm gonna ask Luke if he knows a boxer named Oscar... (Background talking)
Kim: Oh Angie... Oscar De La Hoya? Is that the Oscar?
Me: Yea, that’s him.
Kim: Angie he is so cute!
Me: Yea Kim... Listen, if I don't call you in like an hour Call my house and make sure I get on the phone Audie is going to flip the fuck out!
Kim: Oscar is so much cuter than Audie.
I remember she laughed and laughed.... She called later....
I said as she told me to/ Audie if you read this.... Sorry but you know you were a complete mean ass... And who could live that way? You know you were mean. So whatever.